Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to Upgrade VPN Client on Windows 7 ( 32-bit )

I attempted to install Cisco's VPN Client 5.0.05 on my Window's 7 (32-bit) desktop computer, however, it discovered an older version still on my system and failed to update giving me the following error message:

"Error 28000: Before installing the Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.0.05.0290, you must uninstall the previous version of Cisco Systems VPN Client 5.05.0290".

Unfortunately I could not locate an uninstall in my Add/Remove Programs so I referenced several manual procedures to do so with no success. I even ran the 'unsupported' Windows Installer CleanUP Utility but there was no reference to an older VPN install still remaining.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how I might remove any remaining files from my Windows 7 system so that I might move forward.

Thanks,

Andy

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

Re: Attempting to Upgrade VPN Client on Windows 7 ( 32-bit )

Hi Andy,

I was just wondering if the manual uninsllation attempt included following the method described in the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_tech_note09186a0080094b7f.shtml

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

Re: Attempting to Upgrade VPN Client on Windows 7 ( 32-bit )

Hi Praveen,

Originally no but later I discovered these same instructions. Unfortuantely they too proved not to help my situation out any.  I continue to get the "Error: 28000: Before installing the Cisco Systems VPN Client .." message.

Thanks,

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content