cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Avaya VPN Phone connecting to Cisco ASA 5540

All –

We currently have a large number of home based users using Avaya 9600 series VPN phones. The phoned build in IPSEC VPN to the outside interface of an ASA 5540. For the most part the phones work well but we often get reports of one-way audio problems. Never dropped calls just talk path issues.

My question is two-fold. I’m spinning up a new HA firewall pair to terminate new more VPN phones. My question is has anyone ran into this issue with the Avaya phones and audio problems and also would I possible benefit by lowering the MTU on the outside interface of the firewall? From some packet captures it looks like theses a reset going on when  the audio problem happens. I’m wondering if the MTU size might help that issue.

We also have ANYConnect VPN session on the outside interface as well.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2 REPLIES
Community Member

How did you setup the ASA for the Avaya 96XX phones.  I am using the 9611 and and cannot get the tunnel to come up.  I am not showing any errors on the ASA, but the phone does not complete the tunnel.

Community Member

The ASA is setup for remote VPN access as if it was a remote VPN. Avaya has a good doc on setting it up. If I find it again, I'll repost it ASAP. What do the logs say on the Asa when trying to connect?

Mike 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content