Cisco Support Community
Community Member

brief vpn disconnections

I have several remote users conneting to an ASA 5510 device.   They have Windows 7 (32 bit) machines and connect using Cisco VPN Client (  Everyone connects fine and is able to work through out the day.  They basically use Citrix Reciver to connect to citrix apps and use Cisco IP Communicator softphone for phone service.  However, 2 or 3 of them have complained that they get disconnected everyday after being connected for 6 to 6.5 hours.  They say it is like clockwork.  All their citrix apps lock up and disconnect briefly for 1-3 minutes and then everything comes back online.  Normally everything reconnects itself and they do not have to reconnect to VPN client or citrix.

I thought initially it had something to do with Citrix, however one said they were using their softphone when things disconnected.  So that points to the VPN client or their internet connection.  I rule out their internet connection since it is happeing to multiple people.  Has anyone heard of this?  It shouldn't be an idle timeout issue since they are actively working all day.  Is their something with the client itself timing out or causing brief disruption to the NIC??  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks...

Everyone's tags (3)
CreatePlease to create content