Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug in Cisco VPNclient: save username and password

jomater00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

when I try to save my username and password in the Cisco VPNclient, it doesn't work. The problem appears only in the OS versions Windows Vista (32Bit/64Bit) and Windows 7 (64Bit). With Windows XP (only 32Bit) and Windows 7 (32Bit), this feature is working properly.

VPNclient Version: 5.0.07.0290-k9

Best Regards,

José

4 Replies 4

Namit Agarwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jose,

Do you get the option to save the username password pair when prompted for authentication ? Do you get any error or message when you try and save the password ? If yes, please paste the screenshot. My understanding of the problem is that even when you save the username and password it prompts you for authentication the next time. It works for the Windows XP(32 bit) and Win 7(32 bit) but it does not work for Windows Vista and Windows 7(64 bit). Could you please provide me the following files from the system showing the issues :

1) the profile file with the extension .pcf at the location C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\Profiles

2) the file named "vpnclient.ini" C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\

Thanks,

Namit

Hello Namit,

there are no error messages when trying to save the username and password, but they are not there when trying to use it again. The requested files are attached.

Thank you in advance,

José

Hi ,

Could you please check the properties of .pcf file on the Win 7 or Win Vista PC ? Is it read-only ?

Thanks,

Namit

Hi Namit,

Thank you for the fast answer. The colleagues from testing say the file ist not read-only.

Regards,

José