Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can ASA5505 forward remote-access-VPN clients to LAN

I currently have ASA-5505 and 2911-Router and I'm trying to configure VPN topology.

Can ASA5505 forward remote-access-VPN clients to LAN operated by a different router?

Are these two cases possible?:

(1) ASA-5505 and 2911-Router are on separate WAN interfaces, each directly connected to ISP. But then can I connect one of other LAN interfaces of ASA-5505 into a switch managed by 2911-Router to inject remote-SSL-VPN clients into the LAN managed by the router?
(2) ASA-5505 is behind 2911-Router. Can 2911 Router assign a public ip address or have public ip address VPN-access attempts directly be forwarded to ASA-5505 when there is only one public ip address available?
Long put short, can ASA-5505 inject its remote-access-VPN clients as one of hosts on the LAN managed by 2911-router?
Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I could help you more if you

I could help you more if you can explain the purpose of this setup and the connectivity between the ASA and router.

You can enable reverse-route on the Dynamic map on the ASA. The ASA will install a static route for the client on the routing table. You can use a Routing protocol to redistribute the static routes to your switch on the LAN side of the ASA.

1 REPLY

I could help you more if you

I could help you more if you can explain the purpose of this setup and the connectivity between the ASA and router.

You can enable reverse-route on the Dynamic map on the ASA. The ASA will install a static route for the client on the routing table. You can use a Routing protocol to redistribute the static routes to your switch on the LAN side of the ASA.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content