Views
Helpful
Replies

Can it work? Cisco 1811 VPN to FE4 & unmanaged switch

BradMajors
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks to some great help here I have been able to get a VPN connection to my CISCO 1811.

I'm trying to access a simple management LAN thru FE4 after establishing the VPN connection.

Currently I have the management port of an HP server connected directly to FE4 but later I'd like to use an unmanaged switch to connect the rest of the servers management ports to FE4. FE4 is configured as VLAN4.

Is this possible using FE ports 2 thru 9?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yup, should work, as long as all your servers are in the same L3 subnet as FE4 interface ip address.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume that you have the following setup at the moment:

Unmanaged switch:

FE4 (vlan 4) and this is connected to your Cisco 1811

You would like to connect FE 2-9 to your server management ports and manage it via VPN.

This can be done as long as FE 2-9 is assigned VLAN 4, and is configured in the same ip subnet of VLAN 4.

Hope that helps.

Sort of... the VPN is thru publc facing FE0, FE4 is assigned as VLAN4, I would like to connect a PROCURVE 2724 to FE4 and the rest of the management ports to the remaining ports of the PROCURVE. I'm uncertain whether VLAN tagging is a concern or not.

Thanks

Brad

Yup, should work, as long as all your servers are in the same L3 subnet as FE4 interface ip address.

Thanks