cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can PIX use all IPs in an /29 PPPoE sticky subnet from SBC?

derekc
Level 1
Level 1

Can PIX use all IPs in an /29 PPPoE sticky subnet from SBC?

Like one IP on the WAN as GW and rest five inside the LAN and be protected?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

it's good to learn that your issue has been resolved.

according to cisco:

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

let say the public range is 192.168.1.0/29. i.e. hos range is 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.6.

e.g.

172.16.8.0/24 <--pix inside--172.168.8.1--> pix <--pix outside--192.168.1.1--> www

pix can then be configured to perform static nat. i.e. to translate a host from 172.16.8.0 to 192.168.1.0.

e.g.

a webserver has been deployed in the pix inside net with ip 172.16.8.100. since this is a private ip, user from the internet will not be able to access it. this is where static nat comes in the picture.

static (inside,outside) 192.168.1.2 172.16.8.100 netmask 255.255.255.255

access-list inbound permit tcp any host 192.168.1.2 eq 80

access-group inbound in interface outside

now the user from the internet will be able to access the webserver by pointing to 192.168.1.2.

Thanks a lot.

it's good to learn that your issue has been resolved.

according to cisco:

Why should I rate posts?

If you see a post that you think deserves recognition, please take a moment to rate it.

You'll be helping yourself and others to quickly identify useful content -- as determined by members. And you'll be ensuring that people who generously share their expertise are properly acknowledged. As posts are rated, the value of those ratings are accumulated as "points" and summarized on the Member Profile page and on each member's Preferences page.