Views
Helpful
Replies

Can t install Cisco VPN Software Client

mrichter
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo

I have a problem with the installation of a VPN Software Client 4.8 on Windows XP SP2.

I installed already a lot of VPN Clients, but I had never such problems with the installation.

If I start the installation the exe file extract and I can choose the language.

Normally the Windows installer starts at this point, but in my case nothing happened.

My System is a fully patched Win XP SP2. I have a Panda AntiVirus 2007 installed on the System.

I already closed Panda but that doesn?t solve the Problem.

Did anybody already have similar Problem?

I hope anybody can help me.

Regards

Michael

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

try to install MSI and IS (Install-Shield). check this bug-id:CSCee13237

Try this link:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/vpn3K_uninstall.html

Thanks

The bug id you mentiened doent solve the problem, because my problem is during installation.

I tryed to install the MSI file directly => The installtion routine aborted after an message that the VPN Client is already installed.

JimmyAtSigma
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with Cisco VPN version 4.8.XXX aand 5.0.XXX. I fixed the problem by going to registry, HKLM and HKCU and search for anything related to "Cisco" and remove these entries. Run the vpnclient_setup.exe program and now windows installer show up. If it failed to install the Deterministic Network portion then download the latest driver from Deterministic website, run setup and reinstall VPN client again.

iraban
Level 1
Level 1

Normally in a scenario like yours. what you do is assuming that you only the Cisco VPN client as the only Cisco Software installed, go to the registry and delete any key,hkey or dword starting with Cisco.

if you are familier with the registry editor try and use a software registry cleaner.

you might also want to backup the registry before you make the changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: