cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the 7201 support GETVPN without a VAM?

golly_wog
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've done some tests and it seems that a 7201 supports GETVPN without a VAM, but in the design guide it states that this is needed.

Can anyone confirm if this is needed as the 7201 documentation states that it performs IPSEC encryption in hardware without a VAM.

cheers

3 Replies 3

golly_wog
Level 1
Level 1

I should have also added, that this will be a GM, to only support two, yes two users,

So wont be using much traffic...

:-)

Well, The VAM2+ card is the recommended for GETVPN running on 7200 routers as Key servers or Group Members. Considering the reliability I would stick with it. Also pay attentionon the memory fo the Key servers it is better to use the maximum ( 256MB or more). I have not tried on 7201 routers but I think you can try.. note that VAM2+ is an external card.

I hope it helps,

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I tested GET on the 7201 without a VAM and it ran like a beauty. I finally got the "official" cisco answer which was, it wouldn't be supported without a VAM, but from my experience it didn't matter. Even when I nailed traffic through the box without a VAM< I couldn't get the CPU to budge much.

cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: