Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot file transfer to ftp server residing behind the ASA 5510

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

configured ASA for allowing ftp requests to my ftp server residing behind the ASA,problem is when a internet client is doing ftp to the ftp server, he can able to connect, but he can't able to transfer the files after few seconds i get a message displaying "connection closed by remote host" how do i solve this? problem also happens when i issue DIR or LS command after logging in to the ftp server.

2 Replies 2

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anand,

Are we trying to access this FTP server through VPN or do we have a static translation on the ASA? Could you try to run a ping test and see what is the maximum packet size that you get a response at? The command would be like :

ping -l -f 1500

You are expected to get something like :

Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.

Keep reducing the packet size by 100 and see where you get the respone. We might need to do a little bit of tweaking here and there.

Regards,

Kamal

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you have fixup/inspect for ftp applied on the ASA ? If not, you might have to apply that.

-Kanishka

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: