Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CCSP certification

Hi all,

Can any one guide me for CCSP certification.which exam can i start as firts point..is CSVPN or SNPA

5 REPLIES

Re: CCSP certification

Hello kasyap,

It really depends on ur work profile.. but normally people start with the general papers like SND and SNRS... this covers a lot of basics and is reaally not device specific.. i guess you can also start with these and then go towards SNPA , VPN & IPS one's.. if you have worked on all the security products, it really does not matter , in which order you take.. i would normally take the exams, which I'm really comfortable, first, and then take the rest of them...

Hope this helps.. all the best..

Raj

I am comfortable with router & switches security measures.

I am planning to take VPN as first compare to SNPA exam. all VPN concepts are covers by new ASA device.

any suggestions ?

for the vpn exam you should learn about VPN concentrators and other vpn features which is less used than Pix-es or ASAs that are covered in SNPA.

As there are 5 exams required for the CCSP, my sugestion is SND, SNRS, SNPA in this order, then IPS, VPN or HIPS (you can choose one between these two: VPN or HIPS) whichever you want first.

The HIPS is for CSA deployments => is more "software", so you decide...

Silver

I would suggest the SND exam last. Since it incorporates elements from all other tests, it won't take much study if you have already passed the others. In fact, I took the previous version of the SND the same day as my fourth exam without studying at all. I just went out of one test and back into the SND. It is very easy if you know the rest of the stuff. As far as the order, I would suggest following your strong points first...

Sachin, in the first sentence what is "ur" ? Is that new device?

Views
Helpful
Replies