cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Authentication for VPN Client using IPSec

Cassio Oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure the Cisco VPN Client for certificate authentication on my ASA 5505 using IPSec, for this, I am following this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080930f21.shtml

But I am having problems. In this document the CA Server is Windows 2003 and the CA is Enterprise, and I need to configure a Windows Server 2012 as CA Server and it must be Standalone, but I found no documentation that can help me. I guess I'm having problems with the certificate template.

I already installed the CA certificate and the Identity certificate for the ASA using the default options.

Is there any documentation that could help me?

3 Replies 3

It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I found the problem, and it's on the certificate template issued to the ASA

I will keep trying

Thank you Mike!

Cassio

Were you ever able to resolve your issue?  What was the problem with the certificate template? Was it an EKU problem?  Did you have to re-create a new identity cert?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: