Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Certificate import failed

I'm trying to install a new GoDaddy certificate for AnyConnect on a ASA 5505 but getting a general failure that the import of the PKCS 12 failed.  We had one before but it has since expired, so I went through the process of creating a new one, which I can import elsewhere, but fails through ASDM and CLI.  I have tried generating CSRs both from the ASA and elsewhere, and many rekeys of the certificate.  Likewise, when I exported the expired GoDaddy certificate and specify a passphrase, I am not able to sucessfully import it anywhere else due to the passphrase being incorrect.  Any help is appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
2 REPLIES

Hi,

Did you installed the complete chain (Root or Intermediate cert) on the ASA before adding the ID cert?

Please follow this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808b3cff.shtml

- Deepak

Yes, there's also already two existing from the previous GoDaddy certificate installed on the ASA.  I also tried importing the root/intermediate packaged along with the new certificate and import failed message appears as well.  I was able to import the root/intermediate on a server along with the new certificate.

Views
Helpful
Replies