Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate Validity Message

Hi,

I'm facing with an error while Anyconnect is trying to connect, showing a message about certificate validity (As is attached to this post), but it connects successfully.

I guess something is wrong with the cert I'm using (Its essential cert).

Cert Info :

Type : General

Usage : general purpose

Valid To: 30 Dec 2014

best Regards

Ali

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That message indicates the VPN is set up for client certificate authentication.

So in addition to the certificate on the ASA (which verifies the server identity), you need a client certificate (to authenticate yourself).

Dear Marvin

you mean I have to change the certificate ?

Please review the following document:

AnyConnect Certificate Based Authentication

Your error is due to lack of proper USER certificate - not server (ASA) certificate. You need to either issue and install a proper user certificate on your client PC or setup the Connection Profile to not use certificate authentication (see step 6 in the linked document).

Thank you dear Marvin

I'm going to check it out this evening.

I have opened a discussion post about restricting P2P Traffic, I configured ACL, but its not working well.nobody replied me, it would be appreciate if you could assist me.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12186291/blocking-bit-torrent-and-other-p2p-softwares

Best Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: