cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change password after first login

laurabolda
Level 1
Level 1

We setup user accounts on the local ASA 5510.  Is it possible to setup the user accounts so that the users can change the password after the first login?

Thanks.

Laura

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Laura,

If the users reside on the local database on the ASA, there are some attributes that you can set, i.e

username TEST attributes

password-storage         Enable/disable storage of the login password on the
                           client system

But what you want is to force the user to have to change its password, as far as I've seen you cannot set such parameter for local users on the ASA.

The way to accomplish this will be using an external authentication source (ACS, Radius server, TACACS+ server, etc.)

Federico.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

You're talking about users that can manage the ASA, users that just pass Firewall connections through the ASA, remote VPN users, ect?

Federico.

Thanks for your prompt response, Federico.  I am talking about users who manage ASA and remote VPN users.  They are using IPSEC VPN client to login to VPN.  Please let me know if you need additional information.  Thanks.

Laura

Laura,

If the users reside on the local database on the ASA, there are some attributes that you can set, i.e

username TEST attributes

password-storage         Enable/disable storage of the login password on the
                           client system

But what you want is to force the user to have to change its password, as far as I've seen you cannot set such parameter for local users on the ASA.

The way to accomplish this will be using an external authentication source (ACS, Radius server, TACACS+ server, etc.)

Federico.

Thanks Federico.

Laura

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: