Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Changing an ip address to public and port forwarding

i am using an application called jenkins for continous integration having one master and slave.

For connecting to my local network system, while connecting with VPN, i have faced some issue..So when i talked with my network admin, they made ip of the local system, i want to access(master) as public and give me one port assigned..So now from my slave i can access the master system (local). At the same time i can access VPN also..

Issue i am facing is Since i made ip to public and port open, my slave is getting connected to master system..i can access the master through URL..but my slave is still offline with master..

my master system application running on tomcat, i changed the port number of tomcat with newly given..(i assume only port needs to be changed)

What i needed to do for accessing a public ip(master) using slave machine...what changes has happened since i changed ip to public, assign dns and port open?..

Any more configuration i have to change?

my admin people simply says don't know..i am getting error message as "server rejecting the connection during handshaking"..

i am using jnlp (java web start for connecting slave machine to master)..

Please help me regarding this..All issue arises with need of VPN..if any mistake happen in my configuration, please point out that..

I DON'T KNOW..THIS IS THE CORRECT PLACE TO PUT FOR CONNECTION BETWEEN SLAVE AND MASTER USING JNLP..

Please help me regarding this..

Thanks in Advance,

varghese

Views
Helpful
Replies