Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing VPN site-to-site connection profile

vpoon87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got an ASA 5520 with a site to site tunnel to an ASP. They're going to change the IP address on their VPN server soon. Is there a way I can just change the IP address of the connection profile or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Victor

We do not know how you have configured the VPN on your ASA and therefore there might be aspects of your config to which my comments do not apply. But in general it should be quite possible for you to just change the address several places in your config (the critical one is the set peer statement in the crypto map - there might be other references depending on how you configure some aspects). You should be able to remove the old set peer, and add a new set peer.

Note that changing the peer address in the config does not impact the existing tunnel. So you may need to stop and restart to get the tunnel to initialize and use the new address. And you would need to coordinate your change with the change that the ASP is making.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

You will also need to clear the tunnel group and re-apply it with the new ip address

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: