cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2801 - rsa-encr not support ed by crypto hardware accelerator

carvalho_rui
Level 1
Level 1

I have one Cisco 2801 with: Cisco IOS Software, 2801 Software (C2801-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(12), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) and 1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module.

In the moment, I'm working wih IPSec Tunnel but, when I trying change for authentication rsa-encr return tihs message :%CRYPTO-4-IKMP_INVALID_POLICY: ISAKMP policy rsa-encr not supported by crypto HW accelerator.

Can you help-me ? I don't if my problem is software of haerdware ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

The message %CRYPTO-4-IKMP_INVALID_POLICY: ISAKMP policy rsa-encr not supported by crypto HW accelerator can be safely ignored. There is a config bit missing in the registration of the VPN-SM crypto interface that specifies we support RSA-ENCR but that bit is used only to generate this message during config time, it does not actually prevent RSA-ENCR from being used.If this had been a hardware encryption card that didn't support RSA-ENCR, the same message would be displayed and the tunnel would fail to come up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: