cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5505 ASA VPNs will not come up fro Avaya phone system

William Foster
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco ASA 5505 ASA at 2 locations one in NY and one in PA. I have tried to create a VPN between both locations for a Avaya Phone System. I am using the same script I have used several times and it has worked. They only difference is they were always for data. Does voice make a difference. Also I have read a few things about Avaya having problems with VPNs but I dont know if that applioes to this situation. I am attaching my config below. 

2 Replies 2

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

NY side:

crypto map outside_map 1 match address acl_outside_map_1

ASA ACL shows the name as 'acl-outside'.   Also, make sure you have proper routes on ASAs and internal switches/routers for respective destinations.

hth

MS

I agree that the big issue is the mismatch in ACL name. I also agree that verifying the routes could be important. In addition I notice this in the NY section of the config

access-list inside-nonat extended permit ip object-group NY_To_PA object-group NY_To_NY

I do not know if it is just a mistake in cut and paste or if that line is really in the config. If it is really in the config that this could easily create problems for the VPN.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: