cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 800 series, VPN ipsec with ISP dynamic ips is it possible?

earredondo1
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, everyone. I have two Cisco routers, from series 800, and I want know if is possible to make a VPN with IPSEC between this routers, with dynamics ips, if is there a configuration?.
3 Replies 3

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

The 800 series is a very large family with many different feature sets. IPSec VPNs with dynamic IPv4 addresses are possible, but it depends on what specific model you have, software version and feature set and whether you have dynamic addresses at one end of the connection or both. Let's start with figuring out what specific models these are. Can you post the output from a "show version" command run from these devices?

jlemoine  Sorry i'm interrupting you.

i'm going to setup DMVPN between HQ and two remote sites but i'm little bit confuse about the version and ios. please look the below detail and suggest me

HQ router ==> model 881 ios verion 15.0

Remote ==> model 877 and ios 12.4

please share something on these models and ios supported DMVPN.

thank you

Usman 

You may want to consider using something more powerful at the hub on how much traffic you're going to send to the hub and how many spokes you have.

As for the 877 routers as the remote endpoints, I have over 350 of these running 12.4(24)T as DMVPN spokes. They work well.