Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Anyconnect will not install correctly

I'm currently trying to install and run the Cisco Anyconnect Client on Windows 7 Professional 64bit, but during the installation process I get an error message stating that "There is a problem with the installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected" 

The setupapi log shows the following:-

flq: CopyFile: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\acsock64.sys'
     flq:       to: 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\SET59A4.tmp'
     flq: MoveFile: 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\SET59A4.tmp'
     flq:       to: 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\acsock64.sys'
!!!  flq: MoveFile: FAILED!
!!!  flq: Error 5: Access is denied.
!    flq: Targetfile 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\acsock64.sys' marked to be moved from 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\SET59A4.tmp' on next reboot.
     flq: MoveFile (delayed till reboot): 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\SET59A4.tmp'
     flq:                             to: 'C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\acsock64.sys'

Could someone suggest what the cause of this might be and how I would resolve it? 

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Check the Application logs on

Check the Application logs on the event viewer. There will be a section for "Cisco Anyconnect Moblity Client" under which you could see a possible reason for the installation failure. 

Views
Helpful
Replies