cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5505 - VPN Configuration

mramirez
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a VPN connection to allow clients to access the internal network. I have tried using the VPN wizard time & time again but client will connect but can get out to the internet & communicate with any host on the network. I have tried using a dhcp vpn pool in either the 192.x.x.x or the 10.10.1.X network but no luck.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

whats the reason of those commands?

nat (Outside) 0 access-list policyPAT

nat (Outside) 5 10.10.1.0 255.255.255.0

if not spicific reason remove them

and put the foolowing command:

sysopt connection permit-ipsec

in global configuration mode to allow the VPN traffic to bypass interface access lists

good luck

if helpful Rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

to solve ur problem u need split tunneling

with split tunneling u gonna include what should be tunnled over vpn any thing else will go t the normal client setting like defualt gateway for internet

do:

access-list Split_Tunnel_List standard permit 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

group-policy VPNT attributes

split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified

split-tunnel-network-list value Split_Tunnel_List

so only traffic included in ACL Split_Tunnel_List will be included in the VPN tunnel anything else as mentioned will use normal PC seeting

use the following link as a refrence:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a0080702999.shtml

good luck

if helpful rate

Hi Marwan,

Let me try as you said & will give you an update.

Thanks for your input!

Hi Marwan,

The commands that you suggested did work work out great! When I VPN into the ASA, I am able to get out to the internet. The only other issue is that I can not ping or access any of the host on the 192.168.1.0 network. How do I go about doing this? What I want to accomplish is access some network drives on a Microsoft Windows 2003 server.

Thanks in advance.

Manny

Thanks.

One other quick question, how do I increase the time the the VPN session times out? As of right now, it times out at about 10 minutes.

Thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to include the latest config.

whats the reason of those commands?

nat (Outside) 0 access-list policyPAT

nat (Outside) 5 10.10.1.0 255.255.255.0

if not spicific reason remove them

and put the foolowing command:

sysopt connection permit-ipsec

in global configuration mode to allow the VPN traffic to bypass interface access lists

good luck

if helpful Rate

I will try it out & give you the results.

Thanks for your efforts by the way.

Hi Marwan,

Your suggestions worked out great & am able to access the internet & network drives on the 192.168.1.0 network . I removed the 2 commands & inserted the sysopt connection permit-ipsec command. It worked without the sysopt command but I inserted it anyways because from my understanding it permits IPsec traffic without checking the ACL's?

Anyways thank you so much for all your help.

Manny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: