Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Cisco ASA 5505 VPN help for local lan access.

Hi all,

I am very new to Cisco systems. Recently I was tasked to enable local lan access for one of my server. The problem is this. I have this server with 2 interfaces. One interface to my FTP server(192.168.2.3) and the other to the Cisco ASA(192.168.1.1). Whenever I connect the server to Cisco Anyconnect VPN, I am unable to access the FTP server anymore.

I googled and found out that the problem is because the metric level is 1 for Ciscoanyconnect network interface which causes all traffic to go through the Cisco VPN Interface. Another problem is I can't change the metric of the Cisco VPN Interface as whenever I reconnect to the VPN, the metric resets back to 1 again. I tried to follow some guides to configure split tunnel but my traffic is still going through the VPN connection.

Anyone can tell me what I am missing here? Sorry I am very new to Cisco systems. Spent about 5 days troubleshooting and I feel I am getting it soon. Anyone can guide me what else I am supposed to do?

What I did> Configuration>> Remote access VPN>> Network Client Access>> Group Policies>> Advanced>> Split Tunneling>> Uncheck Inherit and select "Exclude Network List below.>> Uncheck Network List and select Manage, Add 192.168.2.0/24 to permit.

Really appreciate if anyone can tell me what else I can do to ensure my server has access the my FTP Server after connecting to the VPN.

Thanks all!

Wen Qi

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content