cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5510 connecting two Internet gateways ???

snuwan.es
Level 1
Level 1

ASA Experts,

I owned a Cisco ASA 5510 with SSM10. I'll explain my dream deployment scenario and please advice !

I have 4 DSL internet lines in to the company and also a 1Mbps Internet Leased Line with a Public IP block. 4 DSL connections will be load balance by a hardware device and it will be a one gateway and the other gateway is from the Internet Leased Line Connection.

1. I need to connect these two gateways in to the ASA 5510 and manage as I need. is that possible ?

2. If that so, I need to use 4 DSL connection to browsing requirement for the LAN users and use Internet Leased Line Connection for the VPN, EMail, DMZ web server requirements ??

Please advice !!!!

Thanks a lot !

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

u can achieve it but not completly

becaue what u asking for can be done easly with PBR which is policy based routing

unfortunatly this feature not supported in ASA

but what u can do

if u have a remote network for vpn through the lease line and aslo remote DMZ network u can make the following

make a static route for each network mentioned above and mkae it through the leased line interface

then make a default route and make it point to the dsl interface

for example lets say the remote VPN LAN is 192.168.1.0/24

and the interface conncted to the leased line gateway is outside and the interface connected to the dsl gateway is outside2

do it like

route outside 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 [ip address of leased line router]

route outside2 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [ dsl gateway IP]

good luck

please, if helpful Rate

ok got your point ! Thanks a lot ! I'll come with some questions soon !

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: