Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco - > OpenVpn Interoperability

Hi i have the folowing situation.
A client has multiple VPN connections with the HQ using openvpn. The VPN are made by a linux machine. I as a Cisco guy i feel more confortable using Cisco routers . The question is can i establish a VPN between a Cisco router and a Linux OpenVPN server ? Has anyone done this  succesfully ?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Emmanuel Akum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adrian,

I'm wondering if you finally got any information out there with regards to your query on VPN connectivity between an OpenVPN server and a Cisco router or where you able to finally figure it out all by yourself?

cheers

Emmanuel

I am looking for this solution too. 

We have an OpenVPN server at a remote location and want to use a Cisco router to connect to it.  We have several old Cisco models sitting around, but would consider buying one if necessary. 

We were hoping to use IOS, but someone suggested buying a consumer model and loading the dd-wrt firmware.  I would prefer to use IOS though. 

Also, I was told that "Cisco uses EZVPN so there is no way to use OpenVPN."  But I wonder if the source knows what he's talking about.  I don't know why EZVPN would preclude OpenVPN.  Or if things have changed as OpenVPN is getting pretty popular. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: