Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phones over IPSec VPN

Hi Guys,

I'm currently setting up an IPSec VPN from an ASA at head office to an 1800 ISR at a site office.

So far, PC connectivity is not a problem, however I want to implement CM phones at the site as well.

In head office, the phones are on a 192.168.25.0 network, while the PCs are on a 192.168.24.0 network.  Routes and ACLs are in place so traffic can flow to both networks from the remote site.

The network at site I have established is a 10.1.0.0/24 network, so PCs and devices at the remote site get 10.1.0.0 addresses.

Effectively what I want is to have the phones plug in at the remote site and stay on the 192.168.25.0 network (their native network), while still running over the IPSec tunnel.  Is this possible?  If not, what would be the best course of action?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

2 Replies 2

afsharki2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Mathew,

Did you ever implement this?  How did it go?

You can do NAT on the router to do that. Hiding the remote subnets from the phone so that it works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: