cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Pix 506e connection issues

Elliemae29
Level 1
Level 1

My current situation is this and hopefully it won't be too confusing. I have connected a PIX with the ISP on the outside interface and a Linux server on the inside interface. If I connect the Linux server directly to the ISP port I can see the server from any of the inside workstations. Once I hook up the firewall in between I can no longer see the server from any workstation. I can ping the outside address assigned and that's it. I can't even Telnet to the firewall. I can only Telnet successfully to the firewall when I attach a laptop to the inside interface (using the same IP as the Linux server). When I run "show interface" everything comes up and seems to be communicating. Attached is a copy of the config. If there's anything else please let me know. Thanks, EM

BTW, I have two other PIX firewalls connected to Win2003 servers with virtually the same config files and I have no connection issues.

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can also access the CLI using SSH/Telnet to the PIX Firewall. By default, SSH/Telnet access is not permitted. Use PDM or the console to configure SSH/Telnet access to the PIX Firewall. To Telnet to the PIX Firewall from the outside perimeter of the PIX Firewall, configure an outside IP address and IPSec for a secure Telnet session

krishnakomiti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default from outside interface we can't telnet, unless and untill if u give permission or you have to configure the SSH on outside interface for telnet access.