cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Pix 506e connection issues

Elliemae29
Level 1
Level 1

My current situation is this and hopefully it won't be too confusing. I have connected a PIX with the ISP on the outside interface and a Linux server on the inside interface. If I connect the Linux server directly to the ISP port I can see the server from any of the inside workstations. Once I hook up the firewall in between I can no longer see the server from any workstation. I can ping the outside address assigned and that's it. I can't even Telnet to the firewall. I can only Telnet successfully to the firewall when I attach a laptop to the inside interface (using the same IP as the Linux server). When I run "show interface" everything comes up and seems to be communicating. Attached is a copy of the config. If there's anything else please let me know. Thanks, EM

BTW, I have two other PIX firewalls connected to Win2003 servers with virtually the same config files and I have no connection issues.

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

You can also access the CLI using SSH/Telnet to the PIX Firewall. By default, SSH/Telnet access is not permitted. Use PDM or the console to configure SSH/Telnet access to the PIX Firewall. To Telnet to the PIX Firewall from the outside perimeter of the PIX Firewall, configure an outside IP address and IPSec for a secure Telnet session

krishnakomiti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default from outside interface we can't telnet, unless and untill if u give permission or you have to configure the SSH on outside interface for telnet access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: