Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco PIX VPN with NAT

I have a PIX at a Branch site with a Internal network of 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0 which I NAT to the Outside Interface public IP address for Internet connectivity. I need to create a site to site VPN with the PIX at my head office but I need to NAT the 10.0.1.0 network to 10.1.1.0 over the IPSEC tunnel so I can differentiate the networks at my head office. I have a frame relay connection internal to my head office which I already route the 10.0.1.0 network, so for a backup I'm looking at using the VPN but I need to be able to see my brangh network as a different identity. Is it possible ?

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Cisco PIX VPN with NAT

From your post if I understand you correctly, you are asking about overlapping subnets and you are looking to create a L2L IPSec tunnel.

If the above is the case then have a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949f1.shtml

The above example is for an IPSec tunnel between PIX and 3K Concentrator with overlapping subnets but the principle is the same for a PIX-to-PIX setup.

Let me know if the above helps or require further help.

Regards / Jay

Please rate posts if it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content