Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router 1841 Easy vpn server configuration

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I need your help to solve the following vpn problem

I am in the process to implement the vpn project for one of our client.

In the central site we are using 1841 vpn router with adsl connectivity to internet. I attached the script here for the central site. This site will be accessed by 2 remote site using microsoft client vpn connection.In the central site I used SDM to configure the easy vpn server then tried to connect from the remote msoft client but failed to connect. Please could you help how to confiure the easy vpn server on the router to the 2 remote site vpn clients.

Is there any other methods apart from easy vpn server for the remote clients vpn connectivity to the central site.

I am waiting your reply

Thanks

Swamy

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The following are the restrictions with Easy VPN server

When used with this feature, the Cisco Secure VPN Client 1.x has the following restrictions:

It does not support dead peer detection (DPD) or any other keepalive scheme.

It does not support initial contact.

This feature cannot use per-group attribute policy profiles such as IP addresses, Domain Name Service (DNS), and split tunnel access. Thus, customers must continue to use existing, globally defined parameters for IP address assignment, Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS) and DNS, and preshared keys.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide09186a008055c37a.html#wp1192045

Mr.Pengke,

Thank you for your info. I want to use Microsoft vpn using PPTP or L2TP/IPsec to make the vpn tunnel to the easy vpn server.

In order to achieve this, should i use VPDN on the router.

Could you provide me the configuration tips .

I am not using PIX, router or software client as vpn client.