cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco softphone clientless webvpn?

ryancolson
Level 1
Level 1

I have read some things hinting that the SSL/webvpn on the ASA(and the 3k concentrator) is support to support clientless use of the cisco ip communicator/softphone. Can anyone point me in the direction toward more info or p[resent info on how? My only thing was thinking of trying to use smart tunnels. but I am unsure if that will work. Thanks in advance!. I am hoping to do this w/o needing full anyconnect.

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

ASA 8.0(4) version has Unified Communications Features such as "phone proxy" and "mobile proxy".

Phone Proxy - Phone Proxy functionality is supported. ASA Phone Proxy provides similar features to those of the Metreos Cisco Unified Phone Proxy with additional support for SIP inspection and enhanced security

Mobile proxy - Secure connectivity (mobility proxy) between Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage clients and servers is supported.

CUMA solutions include the Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator, an easy-to-use software application for mobile handsets that extends enterprise communications applications and services to mobile phones and smart phones and the Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage server. The mobility solution streamlines the communication experience, enabling real-time collaboration across the enterprise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: