cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Vpn and Checkpoint Endpoint clash

snagra2000
Level 1
Level 1

I have Cisco VPN 5.0.07.0440-k9 for Windows 7 64 bit. It's been working fine until I installed Checkpoint Enpoint R75. Since then the Cisco vpn connects to the site  but then when I try and connect to a server using telnet it times out. Other people in our office can connect fine but they don't have the windows 7 version.. I have googled it endlessly and it seems there is a clash between the two. Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?

7 Replies 7

vincent.monnier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sati,

have you tried to re-install the VPN client since you have install the Checkpoint software ? Because we have got the same sort of problem with f-secure software, and it appears that Cisco VPN client "prefer" to be install. last.

Vincent

I have reloaded the cisco vpn latest version and it didnt work. But I have since rebooted and it now works !

theatsgroup
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue with Checkpoint E75.10 installed and Cisco 5.0.07.0440. I uninstalled both...installed Checkpoint, rebooted, installed Cisco, rebooted and it's not working. This is Windows 7 64-bit. Any other ideas?

The only way I got it to work was to uninstall the checkpoint. software.

So are you saying that you were unable to get BOTH running on the same machine so you just decided to uninstall Checkpoint? To me that's not getting it to work.

My appologies. Thats was the only way I got the Cisco VPN working. I tried loads of different versions but couldn't manage to get Cisco working whilst having Checkpoint installed.

witneylu75
Level 1
Level 1

I got it working with Check Point Endpoint Version NGX R73 Build 835000022

no special configuration was applied after the installation, and I don't even need to stop the service to use Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: