cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VPN Anyconnect connectivity issues

dgarcia
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA 5505 and i recently for some reason cannot connect to the VPN using anyconnect.

Usually users would connect using the Anyconnect URL with the configured port number:  https://publicipaddress:8443

Right now we are getting "page cannot be displayed" since it doesn't connect to the Anyconnect URL page.

I haven't done any recent configuration for this to have failed. I have checked the and both ports 443, and 8443 are allowed in the firewall. NAT is also allowing an exemption for the VPN Pool.

Any help would be really apreciative!!

Thanks.

Dionisio Garcia

2 Replies 2

ajay chauhan
Level 7
Level 7

Please post full configuration .

Thanks

Ajay

The issue has been fixed. For those of you that are experiencing the same issue...

Make sure that your ASA does not have a NAT'd IP to the appliance outside interface, because this will prevent you from using port 443 for services usch as WebVPN and therefore Anyconnect will stop working.

My recommendation is to use an IP address from your available ISP pool to NAT outside but not directly using the outside
"interface" because it will stop all communications from the internet to the ASA Outside interface servicing WebVPN or any other services that depent on it.

Thanks Ajay for your input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: