Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VPN Client-Duplicate Subnet at Main and Remote

Hello. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this issue. Customer's network is addressed as 192.168.1.x /24. They're using an ASA to Cisco VPN clients for remote access. The issue is that the office from which I work is also addressed as 192.168.1.x, so that when I try to connect I cannot get to anything on the remote network. From another network, at another location, the VPN works fine. Is there anything I can do to work around this issue?

I've seen articles on cisco.com regarding NATing and such, but I was hoping for an easy workaround using the VPN client settings or route adds, etc.

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Cisco VPN Client-Duplicate Subnet at Main and Remote

There seems to be designing a IPSec network with overlapping networks in order to fulfil your requirements.

Refer to PIX/ASA 7.x and later: Site to Site (L2L) IPsec VPN with Policy NAT (Overlapping Private Networks) Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00808c9950.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content