Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco VPN Client No traffic

Hello

I have been trying for the last few days to set up a Remote access IPSec tunnel to my asa 5505 device.

Phase 1 completes fine

Phase 2 completes fine

The Cisco vpn client v 5.xxx shows that i am connected. But there is no traffic over the tunnel. I have been looking all over the forums and internet for a solution or explanation of how to nat the vpn traffic through the firewall or what ever can be the problem.

I have tried the ASDM IPsec vpn wizard, manual configuration guides for asdm, for cli etc. I completely wiped the device and re-did the setup etc...

I also have a site to site tunnel up and running and that works fine and was completely problem free to set up. I am really lost for ideas of what to do now and I hope this great community will have a look at my problem and hopefully help me.

Here is a picture of the status of my connected vpn client:

status.jpg

I have split tunneling up

routes.JPG

So if there is any information you need from me please let me know. Looking forward to your great suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

--

Thomas

1 REPLY

Re: Cisco VPN Client No traffic (Solved?) not really

Update Solved kinda....

Seems it was not the Asa setup that was wrong.

The computer i used outside my network to test this setup was on a mobile broadband buildt in adapter. Seems that when i connect with that one the tunnel sets up but there is never any traffic through the tunnel. If i put the sim-card in my cell-phone and thethered it to my laptop i could connect no problems over the wifi-network adapter.

I do not know what this means. I tried to disable firewalls, put the adapter in work network group etc but no joy. Can connect via my phone or directly from my android phone but not directly from PC over mobile connection.

Strange in deed

My machine is a Lenovo W520 if anyone have the same setup and wanna give it a try.

GSM Sim-card from Telenor (norway)

Views
Helpful
Replies