Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cisco VPN WIN XP client problem

I have to use Cisco VPN WIN XP client because of my customer needs. So VPN is under maitnance of customer becouse it is connection to credit card acceptance system and ticket reservation system. The Cisco VPN client is installed on XP based PC with apropriate application connected to CISCO 861 and VPN`as are created to customer systems.

Now we want to build system for managenig all units. But the problem is that VPN client rebuild pre-defined routing table on PC and as I said we have no way to modify VPN config.

So we suggest to use additional ethernet adapter (without routing between existing ethernet port) and make managing system using such additional port and work concurently thru the same router using appropriate NAT.

The external IP addres is from public range.

My question is. Well be possible to bind static routing to additional ethernet port which will not be modify by CISCO VPN client? And CISCO VPN client will not "disturb" proper work of such port? My goal is that on port will be fully controled by Cisco VPN client but second only by managing system. Is it possible?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content