Views
Helpful
Replies

Clientless SSL RDP Plugin Issues with Java 1.7 update 45

djlombardi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

It appears the latest Java update (1.7 Update 45) has caused some issues with the Cisco RDP plugin for Clientless SSL VPN.

When attempting to run the plugin to connect to a host, the following error message is receieved:

java-rdp-error-edit.png

I believe this may be because the plugin is unsigned which on the previous version of Java seemed to cause pop-ups prior to running. This error seems to occur in both IE and Firefox. The OS is Windows 7.

I can confirm that the previous version of Java (1.7 Update 25) worked OK with this plugin apart from the warning mentioned above.

Does anybody know of a work around or a fix for this? Does Cisco have to update their plugin for this to work on the latest Java version?

Regards

David

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Here is another discussion about this subject.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2246672?tstart=0

I could not get this to work after the update for me and had to try with Java SE 6 Update 45

I have not yet had the time test some things suggested in the other thread. I even had problems with the Java SE 7 Update 25.

- Jouni

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for the reply. From the thread you linked:

The workaround posted in the Cisco  Bug is to uncheck the setting "Keep temporary files on my computer"  which is found in the Java Control Panel under the General Tab /  Temporary Internet Files / Settings ...

This workaround has worked for me with Jave 7 Update 45 on both PC and Mac.

I've just tested this and it has resolved the issue for me.

Thanks!

David