cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clientless SSL/VPN & RDP plugin printer problem

support
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to get printing to work over the SSL vPN Terminal Server session. All i can find is one article on it

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/asdm60/ssl_vpn_deployment_guide/deploy.html

and it just has one line referencing setting one thing to TRUE  (RedirectPrinters—Set to true to map remote printers locally. ) which I  have already done and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me out

6 Replies 6

Soeren Rosiak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

The redirect only works with ActiveX in IE, just to make sure.

I have it working on one of our soloutions, the bookmark look like this:

X.X.X.X/?FullScreen=true&RedirectPrinters=true

Regards,

Søren

So how do I make it use AxtiveX and not Java? This is what we have

192.168.222.222:3392/?RedirectPrinters=true&geometry=1024x768&FullScreen=true&ForceJava=yes

Do I just delete the &ForceJava=yes

I didn't set this up originally

OK I tried just deleting the

&ForceJava=yes and now when I try and connect it comes up with a window.

Remote Destop connection

It asks to allow the Clipboard and printers or not and hit connect. SOunds like progress though when I hit connect it just dissappears and doesn't connect.

I got it to connect from a clients server but none of our PC's doing some reading I found this

The ActiveX version of the RDP plug-in is only supported on 32-bit browsers on Windows platforms.

Most of our computers and clients PC's are 64bit so this isn't going to work. I either need the printing to work over the Java method or some way of getting the Axtve X to work on 64 bit computers.

The ActiveX is only supported on 32 bit browsers, works fine on 64 bit OS

The ActiveX version of the RDP plug-in is only supported on 32-bit browsers on Windows platforms.

The full compability list can be found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html

The ActiveX way with Redirect Printers, is the only way to get it work. Java doesnt support this AFAIK.

I've experienced issues when connecting to 2008, 2008R2 and 2012 servers with RDS role installed. This issue i resolved by adding the portal page to trusted sites.

Regards,

Søren

So what does this mean, should this work on my 64but Win 7 PC or not? I can get it to connect from a Windows 2003 32buit server we have but not my or any 64 bit workstation. That link you sent says

Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit)

Internet Explorer 8 and 9

Firefox 3 and later

Google Chrome 6 and later

Citrix Receiver 9 and later

So it should work but doesn't,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: