cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concentrator 3000 password reset

blafferty1
Level 1
Level 1

I recently took a new position at our company as Network Administrator.  I am needing to access the settings for our old concentrator 3000 but I don't know the old Admin's username and password.  I tried the default Admin / Admin but that didn't work.  I then went to reset the password via a serial connection connected to my laptop with an usb adabor.  I attempted to use Putty to connect to it using the setting recommended on Cisco's website and it appears to connect but it never goes through the Boot-ROM initializing.  I just get a green box in the upper corner of my putty screen.  Has anyone had this problem before?

7 Replies 7

Yes, that is what I tried.  And when I would attempt to connect into the appliance I would get a green curser or square in the upper lefthand corner of the screen where is should be initializing.

So if i am correct you have attched the straight-through RS-232             serial cable between the Concentrator and the PC.

Then you are rebooting the concentrator but you are not seeing that Concentrator is trying to reboot or doing a

power-up diagnostics             check.  Correct.

Jeet

I am connected with a serial cable via a USB adapter as my laptop doesn't have serial.

I haven't attempted to reboot it yet as I will have to do this after hours when no one is logged onto it.  I was trying to connect into it while it was running.  Do I need to power it off before I attempt to connect to it?

I just make sure your adapted doesn't have any issue. Then as stated in the document you have to reboot teh concentrator.

Thanks

Jeet Kumar

Thanks, I will try this in the morning.  Does it matter if I disconnect the ethernet cables from the device?

nope