Views
Helpful
Replies

Concurrent connection on VPN 3000

akin_lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need help on one VPN problem i have. i have VPN 3000 and cisco ACS 4.0. can you tell me or direct me to a documentation on configuring only one connection (session) for per username/password. if thesame username/password pair is used while a session exist, access should be denied.

3 Replies 3

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

You can set the max or minimum simultaneous login for each user in a group, for all groups or for individual user ID in VPN: By default is 3 simultaneous login.

Base Group : same setup for all groups -> Configuration | User Management | Base Group | General Tab

Specific Group only : Configuration | User Management | Group | General Tab

Specific Username/ID : Configuration | User Management | Users | Add or Modify | General Tab

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00803ee1f0.html#wp1756983

If you want to set it to one (1) session only, change the value to '1'. This will limit the access to one session for each user. Any attempt to connect using the same username will fail if the 1st session is still active.

Rgds,

AK

Hi,

Just referring to the question back then regarding simultaneous logins for VPN concentrator.

The docs specified that the default is 3 simultaneous logins for 'Single Internal Users'.

I have configured a User Group that utilises RADIUS as a authentication method. Can i utilise the 'Simultaneous Login' as well ?

Please assist. Thanks!

Regards,

Sam

Sam,

Which radius you are using ? It is possible with ACS.

Regards,

JG

PLease rate if that helps