Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SSL VPN newbie question

Hello community,

I'm attempting to configure my first ssl vpn by recreating a lab scenario.

I've installed Cisco ASA 8.42.

When I choose 'configuration' I don't see an option to configure 'Remote Access Vlan'. The only configuration options are Firewall, Device Setup and Device Managerment'

I'm sure there something very basic that I'm missing, but not sure what it is.....

Cheers

Carlton

9 Replies 9

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I assume your ASA firewall is in multiple context mode?

SSL VPN or IPsec VPN Client arent supported in multiple context mode

Only the very latest versions (9.x) have brought the support for L2L VPN to the Multiple Context Mode ASAs. Might be a long time before we see support for VPN Client which to be honest might have been more usefull than L2L VPN.

- Jouni

Jouni

You're correct. I guess I have remove multiple context mode...

Jouni

Cool. Got SSL VPN configuration option.

Cheers

Carlton

Hi,

Please rate if the information was helpfull

- Jouni

Jouni,

Can you please let me know why I'm unable to see 'client settings' Under SSL VPN? See image.

What are you trying to do?

I personally dont use ASDM almost at all. I do most of my configurations on the CLI side.

- Jouni

If you havent configured VPN Client before I would suggest trying the "Wizard" function on the ASA

In the upper section of the ASDM window

• Wizards -> VPN Wizards -> Then choose the type of VPN connection you want to configure

- Jouni

Jouni,

I'm trying to achieve the following:

ASDM Procedure

1. Click Configuration, and then click Remote Access VPN.

2. Expand Network (Client) Access, and then expand Advanced.

3. Expand SSL VPN, and choose Client Settings.

4. In the SSL VPN Client Images area, click Add, and then click Upload.

5. Browse to the location where you downloaded the AnyConnect client.

6. Select the file, and click Upload File.

Once the client uploads, you receive a message that states the file was uploaded to flash successully.

7. Click OK.

A dialog box appears to confirm that you want to use the newly uploaded image as the current SSL VPN client image.

8. Click OK.

9. Click OK, and then click Apply.

10. Repeat the steps in this section for each operating system-specific Anyconnect package that you want to use.

Hi,

I think you are following a guide thats not suited either for your device or software.

If  you are trying to load the AnyConnect Image to the ASA then you will  need to go to the section "AnyConnect Client Settings" in the picture  you posted (To my understanding)

Even my own ASAs ASDM shows a completely different section where I load the software if needed.

- Jouni