cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring VPN 3000 Concentrator for softphones

trossow
Level 1
Level 1

We are connecting up end users with the Cisco VPN client to the concentrator. The end users are utilizing softphones for voice and everything is working fine until they call another softphone. They will be able to establish a call but are not able to pass data once the phone system drops out and the call is peer-to-peer.

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Softphone does work if it is local to the CCM or VPN'ing into the PIX.

They have added a VPN 3000 Concentrator and Softphone does not working when connecting to that device.

Actually, nothing works (ping, telnet, etc.) when going to the VPN 3000.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a00800949d2.shtml

Uh,

that link makes no sense for his issue.

i suspect what is happening is the client is firewalled and the softphone traffic is not getting back through the client's stateful inspection. I suggest one of two quick fixes;

1. disable/uninstall the client firewall. If your security policy requires a firewall on vpn clients, use the vpn concentrator firewall policy.

2. Configure IPSEC/TCP instead of the concentrator default IPSEC/UDP 10000. This can be configured under the configuration section of the vpn concentrator. I had all my clients back in '05 doing ipsec/tcp to make things work that the windows xp firewall would deny back in.

-Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: