Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring VPN with dynamic ip

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi

can anyone tell me the best vpn technology for dynamic ip (site to site, dmpvn, ezvpn etc). currently i have configured simple site to site vpn and used hostname in the commands .. "crypto isakmp key" command is accepting the hostname but the " set peer <name>" in the cryto map mode is accepting the name but its resolving it right after i enter the command and when i use show run command it show ip address infront of "set peer" command. I am using 3640 ios on the simulator. I think that if the far end ip changes it will not detect. is there any vpn in which the far end is mentioned as hostname and in the show run it shows the hostname... also if any body have configure cisco router for dyndns/no-ip then i will be thankful if one shared the working config regarding it..

Regards

Nareh

1 Reply 1

praprama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Here's a config guide you might find helpful:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801dddbb.shtml

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: