Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Connected to VPN but cannot access networked resources

I have a Cisco Concentrator 3015 running Software Rev: Cisco Systems, Inc./VPN 3000 Concentrator Version 3.6.7. We implmented a 2 factor authentication mechanism using Netrust digital certificates stored on Rainbow iKey USB tokens with the Entrust Entelligence client software 6.1. and VPN Client 4.0.3(F).<p> Some of my users are able to authenticate and login to VPN but cannot access any of the resources such as Lotus Notes email and corporate web-based applications. They can't even ping the corporate servers. I have advised them to disconnect then relogin to the concentrator which usually resolves their problem. There are instances where this doesn't help.

Some users also report that they get a VPN Client error Warning 201. <p>

There are also some users who do not face this problem at all. The worrying thing is that there is no consistent pattern as there have been cases where a user who hasn't ever had this problem suddenly hits this error and is stuck with this problem from then on.<p>

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Connected to VPN but cannot access networked resources

Are your uses running any firewall on their client systems? or any antivirus software? Try this. First disable any firewall or anti-virus on the client machine and then manually uninstall the vpn client. Now reinstall the VPN client and then enable firewall and antivirus.

I would recommend you to upgrade your VPN client to some 4.x version.

Re: Connected to VPN but cannot access networked resources

I don't think that it is due to the firewall or anti-virus softwares as the VPN was working fine all along.

We are currently using version 4.0.3 (F) of the VPN client.

We did do what you suggested and it didn't help however after 2-3 days later, magically the user was able to access VPN.

Anyway, thanks for your reply

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content