cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting to 2 cisco AnyConnects simultaneously

jewett001
Level 1
Level 1

First let me say I'm not a cisco expert, but have a fair bit of VPN knowledge from other systems.

Is is possible to connect to 2 Cisco AnyConnect servers simultaneously?  My work has 2 different servers one to connect to the main part of the office network and one to get to the lab.  When at work getting to the lab isn't a problem but when home I can only connect to the main one and not get to the lab.  The lab system isn't publicly accessible. 

What I was wondering is there a way to config the servers or clients to be able to connect to both servers.

client ----> internet ---> mainVPN ---> labVPN ---> lab systems

I want to be able to connect to the mainVPN first and then connect to the labVPN.

Is that possible since they are both cisco AnyConnect clients?

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think that is possible. One (ugly) workaround would be to VPN in to the main office, the RDP to a server/PC and VPN to the lab network from it. You have to connect to the console via RDP for that to work.

This isnt easy but one way is to have a vpn connection to the main office, and then install a virtual machine workstation on your laptop and have that virtual machine build a vpn connection to the lab environment.

Another way would be to build a site to site vpn with a router to the corp vpn server and connect off of that with your laptop to build a vpn into your lab network.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

m.kafka
Level 4
Level 4

This is definitely not possible if both vpn connections are established from the same operating system.

There is only one way I can think of, use a virtual box with a separate client which connects through the tunnel from your host. But I have to admit, the last vpn client version I was using within a virtualized PC was some 4.7 or 5.0 (pre-anyconnect). If Anyconnect doesn't work within a virtualized PC you still couuld try other clients like shrew soft (which is closed source freeware).

Does that make sense to you or would you like me to elaborate on this?

Rgds, MiKa

jewett001
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for all the responses.  These are all things I have thought of too.  Didn't know about shrew soft.  I'll try it if I get the chance.