Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection often drops briefly

kjhealey2726
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client Version 2.4.1012 on Windows Vista SP2.  Recently I have started having the following problem when connected to my VPN:

My PC's internet connection will drop for about 60 seconds.  All internet traffic will fail during this time and then everything will come back.  This only happens when I am connected to the VPN.  It seems to occur more often when I attempt to run a remote desktop session through the VPN to any of my servers.  However, the connection will drop sometimes even when I am doing nothing.

I have discovered the following event log entries in the AnyConnect event log that correspond to me losing my connection:

Log Name:      Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client

Source:        vpnagent

Date:          9/21/2010 9:15:42 AM

Event ID:      2

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Description:

Function: CSocketTransport::callbackHandler

File: .\IPC\SocketTransport.cpp

Line: 1257

Invoked Function: WSAGetOverlappedResult

Return Code: 10060 (0x0000274C)

Description: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Description:

Function: CSocketTransport::callbackHandler

File: .\IPC\SocketTransport.cpp

Line: 1258

Invoked Function: WSARecv/WSARecvFrom

Return Code: 0 (0x00000000)

Description: unknown

Description:

Function: CTlsProtocol::OnSocketReadComplete

File: .\TlsProtocol.cpp

Line: 698

Invoked Function: CSocketTransport::readSocket

Return Code: -31522801 (0xFE1F000F)

Description: SOCKETTRANSPORT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_FAILURE

These are followed by more SOCKETTRANSPORT_ERROR_TRANSPORT_FAILURE entries and then the entries show that the connection is being re-established.  There are additional errors in the event log during the reconnection, but I don't want to post them all.

To me this looks like the VPN client is just reacting to the loss of the internet connection.  So I don't know if this gives me any information.  However, this loss of connectivity only occurs when the VPN client is connected.  I do not see any additional event log entries in the Windows System or Application logs that would be relevant.

Anyone have any ideas on how to trouble shoot this problem?

Thank you,

Kevin

1 Reply 1

andduart
Level 1
Level 1

Go ahead and get a DART output, it will tell you what could be causing this

Are you getting the problem on another PC?

Are you downloading the Anyconnect automaticaly at a time to connect? if yes, try having it installed on the PC, stand alone connection

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: