cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity issues between the VPN 3060 concentrator & Cisco 831 routers

rburnett3449
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3060 VPN concentrator connecting to three Cisco 831 routers at different locations (Staten Island, San Francisco and Torrance). The ones that I have a problem with are Staten Island and San Francisco. The problem is that in the morning between 7:00am & 7:30 am EST, I need to reset the VPN connection to reestablish the link between the two locations. The Staten Island location is more consistent every morning going down. When I go into the 3060 concentrator via the web to view the session, I see the session still active but I am unable to ping the remote location. When I logout the session, the session is reestablished automatically and I am able to ping the other side. I am sending logs from both the concentrator and the 831 routers

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Check your IPSec configuration for any parameter mismatch, may be the connection is being lost whens its trying to renegotiate. the connection.

The SA times are not the same on both the remote and the concentrator for all three locations which I know is not correct. What troubles me is that the Torrance works fine. The SA time for the Torrance office is lower than the other two locations. I will match the SA timers for the remote and concentrator. Thank you.