Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating a transform file for Anyconnect

tructruong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an ASA5520, running 8.0(4) with ASDM 6.1(5), to do a web deployment of the Anyconnect Mobility Client 3.1.05160 and I always get an error when Anyconnect is trying to install itself on the remote workstation. I searched around and it looks like this error is caused by the predefined .msi parameter noinstallactivex=1. Cisco documentation indicates that this parameter can be changed through a transform file but no instruction is provided to create it. I tried to use ORCA to create the .mst and upload it in "AnyConnect Customization/Installer Transforms" section but Anyconnect doesn't seem to accept it.

Do you know of any documentation that could help me with the creation of this .mst file for Anyconnect ? or can you point me to the right way to configure this please ?

Thank you in advance

Truc Truong

1 Reply 1

garyrichards1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar issue. Since the auto web-deployment regularly fails, I would like to have the manual install put the correct 'profile.xml' file placed into the cisco profile folder, automatically.

I have had this work locally using msiexec /i <anyconnect-installer-name.msi> transforms "transform-name.mst" (the xml file also has to be in the same folder). When I upload the transform to the ASA, and attempt the manual install - it appears to be ignored (file size is also identical to the original .exe)

I've covered most of the limited documentation available on this but i'm still unable to do get it working.

As a side note, I used Insted it! to create my transforms as orca has a common issue of destroying MSIs when you create a transform for it.