Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Creating/Installing indentity certificate from local CA for SSL access on ASA 8.2 using ASDM

Hello:

I have an ASA 5505 running 8.2(2) code running SSL VPN. I currently have an identity cert, issued by Thawte, but it expired a couple days ago (I'm using the cert for device identity only; I'm am not currently using certificates for authentication purposes). Anyway, all the remote access clients are Windows laptops that are already a part of our Windows domain, so instead of renewing that certificate, I would like to instead issue a cert from our local Windows CA. In theory, this should work just as well since all the remote clients already a part of the domain, however, it seems this process is not well-documented (at least that I can find). Does anyone have a good step-by-step resource, or explain how I can it can be done, to install an identity cert from a Windows CA, using ASDM on the ASA? Thanks.

• VPN
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.