Views
Helpful
Replies

crypto pki authenticate ca

mulhollandm
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i'm trying to setup a site to site vpn between two 1900 routers using certificates to authenticate the peers

i copied in the root ca certificate, generated the csr and now have the server/router certificate

once i paste in the server certificate the router can't verify it

when i look at the certificate generate by our pki server it has a root, intermediate and enterprise certificate

i suspect i need to install the full chain but i paste in the certificates all together in order

root

intermediate

enterprise

just as i would the single root certificate?

or

is there a way to put in the chain

i'm running Version 15.2(4)M4

thanks to anyone taking the time to respond

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Root and intermediate certificates needs to be installed together as authenticating certificate and your entreprise certificate should be installed in seperate if am not wrong.

crypto ca authenticate <trustpoint name>

paste root and intermediate / bundle with word quit in the end

!

crypto ca import <trustpoint> certificate

<actual entreprise certificate? with word quit at end

!

sample config procedure:

http://bytesolutions.com/Support/Knowledgebase/KB_Viewer/smid/622/ArticleID/21/reftab/195/t/Installing-GoDaddy-SSL-Certificates-on-a-Cisco-IOS-Router-using-CLI.aspx

Regards

Karthik

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Root and intermediate certificates needs to be installed together as authenticating certificate and your entreprise certificate should be installed in seperate if am not wrong.

crypto ca authenticate <trustpoint name>

paste root and intermediate / bundle with word quit in the end

!

crypto ca import <trustpoint> certificate

<actual entreprise certificate? with word quit at end

!

sample config procedure:

http://bytesolutions.com/Support/Knowledgebase/KB_Viewer/smid/622/ArticleID/21/reftab/195/t/Installing-GoDaddy-SSL-Certificates-on-a-Cisco-IOS-Router-using-CLI.aspx

Regards

Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: